Monday, April 23, 2012

Favorite Snowboarders!





When talking about sports everyone always has their favorite teams and team players. Well when it comes to snowboarding it’s no different. One of my favorite snowboarders it Louie Vito! He is my favorite rider because he is a consistent rider who loves the sport and is always pushing himself to get better. Louie was born on March 20, 1988 and is a goofy rider- riding with his right forward oppose to the opposite of being a regular rider which is riding with your left foot forward. I am personally a goofy rider in a sea of regular riders, so I love to route for other goofy riders. Back in 2009 he was the first professional athlete to land a front-side double cork 1080 in a half-pipe competition, pretty big deal. This year he has improved greatly, earned an unheard-of amount of podium positions between the 2010 Olympics and autumn 2011. He won 12 out of the world's 14 major snowboarding contest, including three consecutive X games medals. He is also a two-time Chevy U.S Snowboarding Grand Prix overall Champion, as well as placing in other events including the Australian Snowboarding open, the Etnies GVR, and the Jeep King of the Mountain competition. I would say that he is my one of my favorite snowboarder because every time he competes he is stoked off life, having the time of his life even if he didn't get first place. He has true passion for snowboarding and it shows when he performs. I love watching him compete because in every competition he gives it his all trying to get as much air in the half pipe, landing his tricks properly so it sets him up nicely for his next trick, and staying consistent. Every time I watch him compete it gets me amped up and I can’t wait to go up to the mountain the next day and try a new trick, watching him push himself gives me confidence to push myself and try new tricks or a new rails. Because of his passion, drive, and overall love of the sport he is an easy man to admire and that is why he is one of my favorite snowboarders. Attached is a video profile of Louie Vito! 

1 comment:

  1. Megan!
    I personally enjoyed this post due to the fact that I am interested in your interest of this topic as well. I like how you are passionate about Louie L.... Maybe include a couple more pictures.. and just check for grammatical errors. Since I know of VIto... I was interested to know that he was your favorite... off topic... Im a huge huge fan of TRAVIS RICE! haha But good job!

    ReplyDelete